Monday 8 April 2013

Clockwork Prince, Cassandra Clare

The Clockwork Prince (Infernal Devices #2) by Cassandra Clare reviewed by Bronte

Warning, this book may contain spoilers of the first book.

Hello everyone! Hope you are alright, these are our new questions for books in a series so we will use these for any book after the first. Tell us what you think and if you like them.
-Bronte, Eleanor and Izzy (:

Clockwork Angel Review

What is this book about?

In the magical underworld of Victorian London, Tessa Gray has at last found safety with the Shadowhunters. But that safety proves fleeting when rogue forces in the Clave plot to see her protector, Charlotte, replaced as head of the Institute. If Charlotte loses her position, Tessa will be out on the street—and easy prey for the mysterious Magister, who wants to use Tessa’s powers for his own dark ends.

Who should read this book?

If you enjoyed the Clockwork Angel, read the book. If you like fantasy, a fantastic story line written by a great author then read it. I would say people above the age of 11 would be best suited to the way its written as some of the words even I didn't know what they meant. The perks of having a Kindle.

How long is this book?

438, quite a long book.

Marks
Story Line: 10/10
Well written: 5/5
Enjoyablilty: 4/5
Overall: 19/20

Star Rating: 5 Stars

Question 1. What character has remained the same pot of tea?

For this I am going to have to say Jem. Personally I think that he was still the same loving and caring person as before. However I did enjoyed reading scenes with him in more than the Clockwork Angel as I felt we learned more about him and his character came out a little more, one of the things that I liked was that he has a sence of humor, which I thought was clever as it's not just Will that can be funny.

Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2)Question 2. Which character has a whole new flavour?

Well, honestly I could say a lot of characters for this but I am going to pick Will. We finally find out more about him and the reason he seems to keep himself and why he's mean to others. I feel sorry for Will, poor Will. Just when he thinks things are okay again it all back fires. But he does change a lot in his personalitly, in a good way. I don't want to give away any spoilers so this question was quite hard to answer.

Question 3. Which characters would have the most awkward conversation whilst drinking tea?

Gabriel and Will. It would be one of those awkward moments when two people are having an argument that one person is taking seriously and the other a joke. Quite a funny situation for those not involved. Would you want to stop them arguing or would you just want to get the popcorn. I think I would go with popcorn.




Question 4. What book would you prefer to read while drinking tea?

For me I prefered the Clockwork Angel. I found that the Clockwork Prince was harder to get into at the beginning whereas with the Clockwork Angel I was gripped from the first moment, even when I read it a second time. However this is still an amazing book and is definitly worth persiverance.

Question 5. Favourite quote!

This is tricky, to tricky so I am going to break the rules. Here are two quotes for you to enjoy:

1. '“They’re not hideous,” said Tessa.
Will blinked at her. “What?”
“Gideon and Gabriel,” said Tessa. “They’re really quite good-looking, not hideous at all.”
“I spoke,” said Will, in sepulchral tones, “of the pitch-black inner depths of their souls.”
Tessa snorted. “And what color do you suppose the inner depths of your soul are, Will Herondale?”
“Mauve,” said Will.”'

2. '“Ah,” said a voice from the doorway, “having your annual ‘everyone thinks Will is a lunatic’ meeting, are you?
“It’s biannual,” said Jem. “And no, this is not that meeting.”'

Overall:

I don't think anyone can ever deny that Cassandra Clares' writing and abilitly to create such a beautiful world with amazing uniquely wonderful characters with such a great story line planned out to the very end isn't brilliant. Her stories are engaging and page turning until the very end and I just love reading her books. My only complaint is that they take forever to be written and published so I can read them, but I think I am willing to forgive that over due to the sheer enjoyment I get from reading the books(:

What did you think of this book? What would you like us to review next?

No comments:

Post a Comment