Sunday 7 April 2013

Clockwork Angel, Cassandra Clare

A treat for you guys. Because the Clockwork Princess has come out and the series is over, sad face, we are going to publish our reviews for the 3 books in the next 3 days. YAY. Enjoy(:

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare, reviewed by Bronte

What is this book about?

When sixteen-year-old Tessa Gray crosses the ocean to find her brother, her destination is England, the time is the reign of Queen Victoria, and something terrifying is waiting for her in London's Downworld, where vampires, warlocks and other supernatural folk stalk the gaslit streets. Only the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the world of demons, keep order amidst the chaos.

Who should read this book?

Anyone who enjoys fantasy, particulary set in the past in this case Victorian England (I love this period!) An age of between 11-18 years olds.

How long is this book?

476 pages, quite a long book.

Marks
Story Line: 10/10
Well written: 5/5
Enjoyabililty: 5/5
Overall: 20/20

Star Rating: 5 Stars

Question 1. What character would you most like to have tea with?

The character that I would most like to have tea with would be Will. He is just really funny and I love the things he comes up with to say, oh and his quotes, some of them are beautiful. Just beautiful, and often make me laugh... I have to say though that Henry would also be in contention of having tea with me just because I love the way he makes you feel comforted by his presents but generally just speaks rubbish or about things that most of us couldn't care less about. He is adorable.

Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1)Question 2. What character would you most like to throw tea at?

Nathanial. Nate. Whatever. He just deserves a title of 'thing'. Cruel, evil, mean, stupid, I need a thesaurus.

Question 3. What do you think of the cover?

What could you possible dislike about this cover. I mean, seriously, £10,000 to someone who can find something bad. Joking, I don't have £10,000.

Question 4. What do you think of the title do you think there is an alternative?

I think that this title is perfect in so many ways! Clockwork: the army, that's a given. Angel: obviously because Will looks like an angel, with his perfect features and angelic looks and endless eyes. But put together Clockwork Angel: It's Tessa's necklace!

Question 5. Favourite quote!

I'm not going to lie but this was difficult!!

“Will rolled up his sleeves. "We'll probably have to knock down the door--"
"Or," said Jem, reaching out and giving the knob a twist, "not."
The door swung open onto a rectangle of darkness.
"Now, that's simply laziness," said Will.” 

Overall:

Right, I'm just going to put it out there: This is my favourite book of ALL TIME! ... That's incase you didn't notice. This book has everything that I would look for in a book and it is written beautifully. Cassandra Clare really does have a talent to write so well and come up with a story line and characters that are so imaginative and engaging.
I read this book first in December 2011 and loved it and have now recenly read it again so I can benifit fully from knowing everything that goes on in the Clockwork Princess that I CANNOT WAIT FOR! This book constantly had twists and turns and left me having no idea what was on the next page. I was constantly shocked and many times was reduced to fits of giggles, tears and both, at the same time, yeah I know! For those of you who haven't read it and want to, note: it has the MOST annoying love triangles, ever. Ever.

What did you think of this book? What would you like us to review next?

No comments:

Post a Comment