Wednesday 6 February 2013

Die for Me, Amy Plum

Die for Me by Amy Plum, reviewed by Bronte

What is this book about?

When Kate Mercier's parents die in a tragic car accident, she leaves her life--and memories--behind to live with her grandparents in Paris. For Kate, the only way to survive her pain is escaping into the world of books and Parisian art. Until she meets Vincent.

Who should read this book?

A thrilling romance with a great story line is almost everyones cup of tea (thank you, yes the pun was indeed intended (: )

How long is this book?

341 pages, an average sized book

Marks
Story Line: 8/10
Well written: 4/5
Enjoyablilty: 5/5
Overall: 17/20

Star Rating:
4 Stars.

Question 1. What character would you most like to have tea with?

Jules. Jules, funny, sweet, clever, irrestistable, I could go on. I just think that he comes up with the funniest things to say and some made me even laugh out loud. I like poeple that make me laugh.

Die for Me (Revenants, #1)Question 2. What character would you most like to throw tea at?

Every single one of the Numa. I can't just throw tea at one so I have to throw some at all of them although I'm pretty sure I'm going to need more than a cup, maybe a bucket?

Question 3. What do you think of the cover?

I love this cover! So much. It is very pretty and I love the colour. Red is my favourite colour. I love the way you can see Paris in the backround and the cloudy-ness of it. I love the pretty patterns and the style of writing, old and ancient. I love the way she is standing alone, as if she tackles Paris on her own but how she is above it, looking down and in control. I also love the dress. I love this cover. Just in case you didn't pick that up but I do love this cover.

Question 4. What do you think of the title do you think there is an alternative?

This title is perfect. It can mean so many things relating to the story which is why it is perfect.

Question 5. Favourite quote!

'“You've heard of vampires?"
I nodded.
"You've heard of werwolves?"
"Of course."
"Had you ever heard of us?"
I shook my head.
"That's called 'staying under the radar,' dear Kate. It's what we're good at.”' - I thought it was funny.

Overall:

I loved this book. I thought the way that Amy Plum described Paris was beautiful. The detail she put in to just the littliest things. I like the way that it wasn't the 'normal' Paris, it was the back street, not the normal things that get described like the Eiffel Tower. It made me want to go to Paris. I loved Vincent and I loved his family, house and his way of living. It was just all very good. Good story, well written and very enjoyable.

What did you think of this book? What would you like us to review next?

No comments:

Post a Comment