Tuesday 12 August 2014

Top Ten Books I Am Not Sure I Want To Read

This week's Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, is a list of the top ten books we are not sure we want to read. It could be we have them on our bookshelves but have never picked them up or that everyone is always talking about them but we just don't feel drawn this particular book...

Bronte:

1. City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare. I know this is relatively contradictory to previous Top Ten Tuesdays (the books I was putting in my beach bag, I think) but its just every time I think about reading this book I go back to the same pressing issues. 1. I can't remember the ending of the last one 2. It is sooo long 3. Will it live up to expectation 4. Will it be as good as the Infernal Devices series. You see my problem - has anyone read it yet? Please tell me if I should or shouldn't.

2.  If I should Die by Amy Plum. Again, we have the slight same issue in that I can't remember the detail (and here I am just going to point out that I only like ready books in a series if I can absolutely remember everything because otherwise I get confused and my enjoyability level goes down - easily confused you see...) I also seem to remember that I did not like the ending of the last book. (Die for Me Review)

3. Beautiful Redemption by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. I thought this series started off so well. I loved it because it was different and exciting - almost thrilling and the unexpected seemed to always happen - you seemed to expect the unexpected. However, I felt that it just went on a little and the authors were kind of introducing unplanned things just to drag it out slightly longer. (Page to Screen 'Beautiful Creatures')

7930335127003378755785


Eleanor:

4. The Gift (The First Book of Pellinor) by Alison Croggon. This is more of a book I haven't got around to reading rather than want I don't want to read. The problem with it is that the first page is a huge complicated map and the second page is a list of how to pronounce all the different letter combinations that the characters will be using in speech/that are in the characters names. This seems like a book where extreme concentration is necessary and I'm just not ready to commit to that. I will very very soon though because it does look really good!

5. Allegiant by Veronica Roth (the finale of the Divergent trilogy). I don't know what it is that happens at the end of this book but I've heard that it is bad. Really bad. So I just can't quite bring myself to read it. I know, I'm a wimp.

6. The Vampire Diaries Series by LJ Smith. I love love love the TV series (yes, I watched the series before reading the books, disgraceful) but I haven't heard such great things about the books and so I am not sure I will be reading them.


18710190134885526573775

Izzy:

7. The Casual Vacancy by JK Rowling. I was/am a Harry Potter superfan. I read every book, joined Pottermore (Hufflepuff if you must know), even wrote a bit of fanfiction. However, this novel has had some pretty appalling criticism. I may hate it, I may love it, but I am way too lazy to find out. Sorry not sorry. Except I am, really sorry and everything. 

8. Forever Blue by Ann Brashares. I know what happens here. YEAH I READ THOSE SPOILER REVIEWS. And I'm not letting it happen. If I don't read it, it didn't happen to the sisterhood in my head. If you did read the novels though, which was your favourite character? Mine continually changes every time I go for a re-read. 

9. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins. I definitely will be reading it. 100%- in fact I'll probably pre-order it. However do I want to do this? I'm nervous. I love Stephanie Perkins' books so much, and really respect the decision she has made to put off writing and publishing this novel. But I've been waiting so long, with the rest of the superfans that instead of pressure being alleviated, I feel it has mounted. 

All

10. Shadow of the Zeppelin by Bernard Ashley. This is our school summer read that for me personally, (Bronte) I have yet to make a decision whether I will finish it!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment