Monday 27 January 2014

Top Ten Worlds I Wouldn't Want to Live in

This week's installment of Top Ten Tuesday hosted by the BrokeandtheBookish includes the book worlds that we would NOT want to live in!

Eleanor:

1. Partials, by Dan Wells. A deadly, weaponised virus is around and a baby hasn't been born immune to it for a very long time. (The youngest human is 14 years old!) So basically, once you reach the age of 16/17 it is law that you must become pregnant. Problem is, no baby has survived once born for 14 years...

2. Wool, by Hugh Howey. The world outside has become deadly and toxic and so mankind are forced to live underground in silos. It's quite honestly absolutely terrifying.

3. Inkheart, by Cornelia Funke. Imagine that when you read aloud you (or whoever you're reading to) enter the story. "Sounds great" you may say. Now imagine entering one of the places on this Top Ten list.

281941716465512476820
Bronte:

4. Divergent, Veronica Roth - unless my whole family was in Amity with me and there wasn't a war on.

5. Fallen, by Lauren Kate - a prison like school with random evil angels disguised as humans that appear in creepy grave yards - no thank you!

6. Wicked Lovely, Melissa Marr - Faeries in this world seem to mess with you and trick as they are clever and mischievous creatures which don't sound great, particularly for me as I am quite gullible.

133350373052346487308
Izzy:

7. Uglies, by Scott Westerfield- The operation makes you beautiful and stupid. So everyone looks the same and no-one is smart or witty. It sounds like absolute hell.

8. Harry Potter by J.K Rowling-  OKAY. I know what you're thinking, but hear me out. I would clearly be Harry Potter's girlfriend and I am not brave enough to do any of that defeating of the Dark Lord stuff. But if the Voldy was dead by the time I lived there, that would be fine.

9. Stargirl, by Jerry Spinelli- So everyone has to stick to the status quo or else they get horrendously bullied and ostracized? It sounds like High School Musical without the fun singing, co-ordinated dance moves or the Zac Efron.

2477072193607412

Agreed on:

10. The Hunger Games, honestly who would want to live here? If I had to fight to death I would lose because I wouldn't want to kill anyone. And I couldn't possibly survive by sleeping in trees and eating wild game, that I'd killed. Its just a lose-lose situation.


What book worlds would you hate living in?

No comments:

Post a Comment